- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
303 QUICK HIT: Your rooting interests for March 6…
- Updated: March 6, 2012
While the Nashville Predators (5th place, West) take on the Los Angeles Kings (9th) tonight at Bridgestone Arena, their fans will be doing a bit of scoreboard watching as well. All five Central Division clubs are in action tonight and the four that matter have games that can go all kinds of ways. So, with that in mind, here’s what a best case scenario would look like come 10:30pm Central Time.
DETROIT RED WINGS (4th) at PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
WHO WE WANT TO WIN: Philadelphia
WHY: They’re an Eastern Conference team so, as long they win in regulation, they can help Nashville’s cause of trying to win the division.
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (6th) at ST. LOUIS BLUES (2nd)
WHO WE WANT TO WIN: Chicago
WHY: Really, there’s no good outcome here but we chose the Blackhawks because they’re behind Nashville in the standings. Yes, there’s a danger that if they win and the Preds lose, they could be within four points. We’re glass-half-full type of people, however. If both Chicago (in regulation) and Nashville win tonight, and the Detroit Red Wings lose, than the Predators will be within four points of the Central Division lead.