- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Boychuk re-claimed by Hurricanes but could be back in Preds organization soon…
- Updated: March 21, 2013
Nashville Predators winger Zack Boychuk has been claimed off waivers by the Carolina Hurricanes.
Per Paul Branecky, Charlotte Checkers’ Director of Digital Media, the Hurricanes can’t automatically assign him to their AHL affiliate. They will need to keep him on the NHL roster for a few days with the intention of putting him back on waivers so he can be assigned to the minors.
Branecky floats the possibility of the Predators re-claiming him once that occurs and immediately assigning him to the Milwaukee Admirals, something that would then be able to do.
The Ads could certainly use Boychuk’s services. They have the third worst offense in the Western Conference and Boychuk is nearly a point-per-game player at the AHL level.
Boychuk, a former first round pick of the Hurricanes, has 178 points in 215 AHL games. He was claimed off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 5.
He recorded a goal and an assist in his five games donning a Preds sweater.
SPECIAL THANKS to Brian LeBlanc for the tip.