- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
CALL TO ACTION: Help donate $3 to Wade Belak’s charity…
- Updated: September 2, 2011
Hockey has always had more of a “family” feel than other sports. When Boston University forward Travis Roy had his hockey career ended just 11 seconds into his first collegiate game, the hockey world banded together. When young fan Brittanie Cecil died after being struck in the head with a puck over the glass, the hockey world banded together.
Unfortunately, we’re asking the hockey world to band together once again. This time to remember Wade Belak by donating $3 to the charity he was going to compete for on Battle Of the Blades, the Tourette Syndrome Clinic at Toronto Western Hospital.
By donating $3, Belak’s number, you will be helping the drive reach their goal of $3333,33. As of today, the drive has received over $1,333 and, if you factor in the donation former Predators Associate Coach Brent Peterson pledged on The Aaron Solomon Show yesterday, they’re only $1,000 from their goal.
That donation, by the way, will be made from the proceeds of the Petey’s Preds Party and Brent Peterson Celebrity Golf Classic events next week.
On a more local level, every major Nashville Predators blog has helped spread the word as well.
If you’d like to donate $3 — less than a Starbucks coffee — please log on to wbmcd.com or CLICK HERE.
Also, if you care to add a twibbon to your Twitter or Facebook avatars, you can do so by CLICKING HERE.
HEARTFELT THANKS to Patten Fuqua of puckscene.com for creating and spearheading this drive.