- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
Colin Wilson makes NHL debut…
- Updated: October 12, 2009
Tonight, in front of his hometown fans, Colin Wilson took the ice for the first time.
The former Hobey Baker Award finalist for college hockey’s best player skated out for the pre-game skate amidst a throng of fans and a roar of cheers.
Not since Peter Forbserg was brought in at the trade deadline back in 2006 has one player generated so much
“promise.” Since being drafted seventh overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Wilson has been the face of the future for the Nashville Predators. Then, if it were even possible, that excitement only grew when – in one of the greatest finishes you’ll ever see – Wilson and his teammates at BU won the NCAA National Championship last April.
Well, this isn’t Boston anymore. It’s Nashville. And it’s the big leagues. And Wilson’s present and playing tonight.
And he couldn’t be happier.
Wilson was seen by all fans in attendance for the pre-game skate grining ear to ear. Even while passing and shooting. He truly is enjoying this moment.
Hopefully he can be a reason for the Pred fans to enjoy his moment as well.