Five things that will happen tonight with a Preds regulation win…
- Updated: March 27, 2012
Tonight’s game between the Nashville Predators and the St. Louis Blues has plenty of implications. With a regulation win by Nashville, the following will happen:
1. The Predators will have 98 points and move into fourth place in the Western Conference standings, leap frogging the Detroit Red Wings.
2. Nashville will be within five points of the Central Division leading Blues. Both teams will have five games remaining.
3. The Preds will be six points ahead of the sixth place Chicago Blackhawks.
4. Head Coach Barry Trotz will have the 500th win of his National Hockey League career.
5. They only need one point for this but the fact remains… the Predators would clinch their seventh playoff berth in eight seasons.
So, basically what we’re saying is, “GO PREDS!”