- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Geoffrion Named AHL’s Player of the Week
- Updated: February 2, 2011
From the Milwaukee Admirals
The American Hockey League announced today that Milwaukee Admirals center Blake Geoffrion has been named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending January 30, 2011. In two games, Geoffrion scored three goals and added three assists for six points for the Admirals, who hit the all-star break in a tie atop the West Division.
Geoffrion had his biggest night as a pro on Friday, scoring two goals and assisting on three others to lead Milwaukee to an 8-1 win over division rival Peoria. On Saturday, Geoffrion scored again and was named the game’s third star as the Admirals defeated Rockford, 3-2 in overtime.
In recognition of his achievement, Geoffrion will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Admirals home game.
Geoffrion, who turns 23 on Feb. 3, is in his rookie season after a four-year career at the University of Wisconsin that saw him win the Hobey Baker Award as the top collegiate player in the nation as a senior in 2009-10. A second-round draft pick by Nashville in 2006, Geoffrion has recorded eight goals and 17 assists for 25 points in 35 games for the Admirals this season.