- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
Geoffrion Named AHL’s Player of the Week
- Updated: February 2, 2011
From the Milwaukee Admirals
The American Hockey League announced today that Milwaukee Admirals center Blake Geoffrion has been named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending January 30, 2011. In two games, Geoffrion scored three goals and added three assists for six points for the Admirals, who hit the all-star break in a tie atop the West Division.
Geoffrion had his biggest night as a pro on Friday, scoring two goals and assisting on three others to lead Milwaukee to an 8-1 win over division rival Peoria. On Saturday, Geoffrion scored again and was named the game’s third star as the Admirals defeated Rockford, 3-2 in overtime.
In recognition of his achievement, Geoffrion will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Admirals home game.
Geoffrion, who turns 23 on Feb. 3, is in his rookie season after a four-year career at the University of Wisconsin that saw him win the Hobey Baker Award as the top collegiate player in the nation as a senior in 2009-10. A second-round draft pick by Nashville in 2006, Geoffrion has recorded eight goals and 17 assists for 25 points in 35 games for the Admirals this season.