- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Grebeshkov earns first star in his first game with Preds…
- Updated: March 2, 2010
In his first game as a Predator, all newly acquired defenseman Denis Grebeshkov did was go out and capture first star of the game honors.
The Nashville Predators beat the visiting Edmonton Oilers 4-3 in front of 15,682 at the Bridgestone Arena but the story of the game was Grebeshkov. Against the team he was apart of just 24 hours ago, the 26-year old Russian assisted on Colin Wilson‘s goal, scored a goal of his own, sat in the penalty box for a couple minutes and even dished out two hits and blocked two shots.
The win gives Nashville 73 points, good for sole possession of seventh place in the Western Conference. The ever-dangerous Detroit Red Wings currently hold down the eighth and final position with 70 points.
Jason Arnott netted the game winner when he threw the puck into the goalmouth from behind the net. The puck deflected off of Oilers defenseman Jason Strudwick‘s skate and then into the net. Gold medalist Shea Weber rounded out the scoring on a goal that was assisted on by fellow Olympians Ryan Suter and Martin Erat.
Grebeshkov, also an Olympian, was paired with Francis Bouillon and proved to be a very solid combination.
* Despite creating traffic in front of the Edmonton net that caused the first Preds goal, Jordin Tootoo snapped a three-game goal scoring streak tonight.
* The Predators have now scored a power play goal in seven straight games. Yes, that’s a season high.
* Nashville is now 19-1-0 this season when leading headed into the first intermission.
* In what could become his last game in a Predators sweater, Dan Hamhuis tallied an assist, added two takeaways and finished with a plus-1 rating.