- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
More national pub: Weber, Suter named “best defensive pair”…
- Updated: April 7, 2011
Yesterday, The Hockey News released their finalists for the Norris Trophy and Nashville Predators captain Shea Weber‘s name actually made the list. Today, another national hockey writer gave some recognition to the little hockey team in Middle Tennessee.
Allen also named the Predators blueline the second Best Defense Corps and gave Suter third in both the Best Defensive Defenseman and Best Season by a U.S.-Born NHLer categories.
Nashville fans are not used to seeing all of this respect directed toward their team but welcome it. Truth be told though, Allen has been one of the rare national media members to believe in the Predators. Case in point: Allen actually called Nashville “a legitimate (Stanley) Cup contender” back in October.
PHOTO CREDIT: Jenni Propst // special to section303.com (used with permission)