- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Nashville inks 2012 second rounder Colton Sissons to an entry level deal…
- Updated: September 13, 2012
It was announced this afternoon that Nashville Predators General Manager David Poile has signed Colton Sissons to a three-year, entry level deal.
Sissons was a second round pick (50th overall) in this past summer’s NHL Entry Draft. The scouting website Hockey Prospectus ranked the North Vancouver, British Columbia native the 13th best prospect in the Nashville system.
The captain of the Kelowna Rockets has tallied 41 points in each of his two WHL seasons and will try to lead his team to an Ed Chynoweth Cup in 2013.
The official press release is below.
Nashville, Tenn. (September 13, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed 2012 second-round draft pick Colton Sissons (KOHL-tuhn SIH-suhnz) to a three-year entry-level contract.
Sissons, 18 (11/5/93), is entering his second season as captain of the Western Hockey League’s Kelowna Rockets in 2012-13. A season ago, the 6-0, 187-pound right wing ranked second on Kelowna in goals (26), and tied for third in points (41), in addition to pacing the club in power-play goals (13). Sissons also captained Team Orr to a 2-1 victory at the 2012 Home Hardware Top Prospects Game and served as an alternate captain for Team WHL at the 2011 Subway Super Series.
The North Vancouver, B.C., was Nashville’s second choice, 50th overall (second round), in 2012 Entry Draft, and says he models his game after Predators forward Mike Fisher.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua // Flickr (used with permission)