- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Nashville re-signs defenseman Teemu Laakso…
- Updated: July 1, 2010
One of many RFA signings we’ll see over the next few weeks, I’ll let the release tell the story:
PREDATORS SIGN DEFENSEMAN TEEMU LAAKSO TO A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT
Nashville, Tenn. (July 1, 2010) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed restricted free agent defenseman Teemu Laakso (TEE-moo LAK-soh) to a one-year, two-way contract worth $600,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
Laakso, 22 (8/27/87), began the 2009-10 season with Nashville, playing in its first seven games before being assigned to Milwaukee (AHL). In 46 games during his second North American season with the Admirals in 2009-10, the 6-1, 209-pound blueliner posted 13 points (4g-9a), seven of which came in his final 13 regular-season games after returning from injury. Laakso also ranked third among Milwaukee d-men in plus-minus rating (+12) in 2009-10, and played in all seven of the club’s 2010 Calder Cup Playoff games posting three points (1g-2a).
Selected by Nashville 78th overall (third round) in 2005 Entry Draft, Laakso played five seasons (2003-08) with HIFK Helinski’s (Finland) junior and senior squads. The Tuusula, Finland native also appeared in three World Junior Championships (2005, 2006, 2007) two Under-18 World Championships (2004, 2005) for his nation.