- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Operation: Miracle (who to root for on Monday)…
- Updated: April 7, 2013
Until the Nashville Predators are officially eliminated from the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, we will post their rooting interests each and every day. According to Sports Club Stats, the Preds have just a 1.4% chance of making the post season for the eighth time in nine years but, as Yogi Berra would say, it’s never over until it’s over.
We’re calling it “Operation: Miracle” because, let’s face it, that’s what it’ll take at this point to get Nashville into the dance.
How much of an uphill battle is it? Even if the Predators win out (8-0-0), they still only have a 79.6% chance of making it in. And, with a single hiccup such as an overtime or shootout loss, their chances drop below 50%. So, as you can see, not only do they need to win the rest of their games but they need help.
With that in mind — and with Nashville idle on Monday night — here’s what needs to happen in order to improve their playoff chances.
- VANCOUVER needs to beat PHOENIX in regulation
- ANAHEIM needs to beat EDMONTON in regulation
Those are the only two meaningful games in the Western Conference on Monday.