- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Operation: Miracle (who to root for on Wednesday)…
- Updated: April 10, 2013
Until the Nashville Predators are officially eliminated from the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, we will post their rooting interests each and every day in a series we’re calling “Operation: Miracle.” Because, let’s face it, that’s what it’s going to take to get Nashville into the dance.
Nashville didn’t do themselves any favors last night when they dropped a 1-0 decision to the St. Louis Blues. As a result, according to Sports Club Stats, the Preds have just a 0.3% chance of making the post season.
Needless to say, it’s an uphill climb. And by “uphill,” we mean “Everest.” And by “Everest,” we mean “Everest in the middle of a month-long blizzard.”
Even if the Predators win out (7-0-0), they still only have a 35.8% chance of getting in. And, with a single hiccup such as an overtime or shootout loss, their chances drop below 11%. So, as you can see, not only do they need to win the rest of their games but they need some serious help.
With that in mind, here’s what needs to happen in order to improve their playoff chances tonight.
- EDMONTON needs to beat PHOENIX in regulation or a shootout
That’s the only meaningful game to Nashville taking place tonight in the Western Conference. The good news is, regardless of the outcome, the Predators will technically still be alive on Thursday.