- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Updated: April 13, 2014
Just like game 81, game 82 saw the Nashville Predators trail by two early but battle back to put on an offensive onslaught and hang seven goals on their opponent.
In front of 18,658 at Xcel Energy Center, the Preds beat the playoff-bound Minnesota Wild by a score of 7-3. Nashville finished the year on a 9-1-2 run but even 20 out of 24 possible points wasn’t enough to sneak into the playoffs.
Because the game meant absolutely nothing to both squads, we’ll focus on the personal milestones accomplished on Sunday.
- With his second period goal, Shea Weber broke the single season franchise record for points by a defenseman (56).
- Roman Josi notched a goal and an assist, giving him his first 40-point season.
- Craig Smith registered his first 50-point season thanks to his goal and assist in the middle frame.
- With his assist on Josi’s goal, Nick Spaling booked his first 30-point campaign.
- Carter Hutton, who had played in just one NHL game coming into the season, tallied his 20th win of the year.
- Calle Jarnkrok bagged a goal and two assists for his first career three-point game.
The Predators will add a respectable 38-32-12 season to their resume but, alas, the second straight year without a trip to the playoffs. That may prompt some changes. We’ll know very soon.