- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Preds lose center Marcel Goc for the season…
- Updated: February 24, 2011
Somewhere, JR Lind is crying uncontrollably.
Goc missed some time early in the season when he was dangerously blasted into the boards by Washington Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom in a hit that should’ve warranted a suspension. Then, in the game on February 17 against the Vancouver Canucks, Goc went down awkwardly near the bench and skated to the bench hunched over. After the game, I saw him walk out of the locker room area with his left arm in a sling.
The 27-year old Calw, Germany native will be missed. Despite his limited playing time, Goc was still seventh on the Predators in scoring (24 points) and was a versatile forward in the sense that he could effectively play on the top line as well as the fourth line.
This is the last year on Goc’s current contract and his cap hit is just $775,000. He was on pace to set another career high in scoring as he needed just six points to equal last season’s total of 30.
February 24 has not been a good day for the Predators roster as Marek Svatos was claimed off waivers by the Ottawa Senators and now Goc is done for the season. With the NHL trade deadline only four days away, it makes you wonder who’s next.
But hey, at least Ryan Suter will return to action tonight.
PHOTO CREDIT: Paul Nicholson // special to section303.com (used with permission)