- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Preds make it official: Geoffrion sent to Milwaukee…
- Updated: September 27, 2010
In a move that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody, 2006 2nd round pick – and Brentwood, Tennessee native – Blake Geoffrion has been sent down to the AHL affiliate Milwaukee Admirals.
He played in just two pre-season games for the Preds, both at home, giving his friends and family the opportunity to see him play in an NHL uniform. In those two contests, the 2010 Hobey Baker Award winner logged 25:29 of total ice time, had one shot on goal, won 13 of 22 faceoffs and finished with a minus-2 rating.
In short, he was solid but not great. A year on the AHL level getting used to the pro game will help him immensely.
Despite the move, don’t be shocked if you hear he has been recalled at some point this season. If Nashville gets into injury trouble at the wing position, he could see some NHL action.
Even without an injury, the grandson of Bernie “Boom Boom” Geoffrion may get a recall this year. We’re thinking around November 18.
PHOTO CREDIT: Chris Jerina // AHLinPhotos.com