- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Preds’ Poile named finalist for inaugural GM of the Year Award…
- Updated: May 6, 2010
The National Hockey League announced the three finalists for the brand spankin’ new General Manager of the Year Award and the Nashville Predators’ David Poile was one of them.
The other two finalists for the inaugural award are the Washington Capitals’ George McPhee and the Phoenix Coyotes’ Don Maloney.
McPhee and Poile have been with their respective organizations since 1997 while Maloney was held his current post for just three years.
With these nominations, Phoenix and Nashville each have their Head Coach and General Manager up for some post season hardware. The Coyotes’ Dave Tippett and the Preds’ Barry Trotz were announced as finalists for the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL Coach of the Year last week.
In an interesting note, McPhee took over the GM duties of the Caps when Poile jumped to the expansion Predators franchise back in 1997.
Unlike the other league awards, the GM of the Year Award will be announced during the Stanley Cup Finals, as opposed to the NHL Awards Show in Las Vegas on June 23.
Read more about the news here.