- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
As expected, Preds recall Lindback from Milwaukee…
- Updated: February 27, 2011
Just as we speculated when he was officially sent down this past Tuesday, Eric W. Kent with AdmiralsRoundTable.com confirmed that goaltender Anders Lindback has been recalled by the Nashville Predators.
Knowing Pekka Rinne would be getting the starts all of this past week, the Predators coaching staff thought it best to send Lindback down to the Milwaukee Admirals so he could actually get some playing time. Seeing as how he’d only started three NHL games since Christmas, it was time for Lindback to see some game action.
On paper, “Anders the Giant” fared well. He went 2-2-0 in his four games in the AHL, giving up 11 goals, making 118 saves and posting a .915 save percentage. Not exactly “dominant” numbers but certainly saw enough action to do what the Predators wanted which was shake the off the rust. And don’t forget, he did all that in only a five day span.
Due to the importance of today’s game for Nashville, Rinne will probably get the start. Especially since both goaltenders played within the last 24 hours and there’s not option to use a “rested” goaltender.
Puck drops at 2:00pm Central at Bridgestone Arena.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua // special to section303.com (used with permission)