- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
Preds roster set for opener?
- Updated: September 28, 2013
According to the NHL’s media website, the Nashville Predators have their opening night roster for the 2013-14 season.
The 13 forwards on the active roster (as well as Viktor Stalberg who’s on injured reserve) are below.
|25||Viktor Stalberg (IR)|
It is notable that, despite the limit of 23, there are only 22 active players on the Nashville roster. Because he’s on the IR, winger Stalberg does not count against them and, therefore, they could have kept Taylor Beck with the big club if they wanted. This suggests that there may be someone on waivers (Buffalo’s Luke Adam?) that they may try to claim tomorrow. Or maybe they’re leaving some flexibility on the roster in case someone they like appears on the waiver wire Sunday. Or perhaps free agent invite Simon Moser did make the team after all but they’re still working on a contract.
Either way, we’ll know soon enough. All NHL teams must submit their 23-man rosters by Monday at 4:00 p.m. Central.
Come watch the Predators’ season opener with us at Brewhouse South in Franklin. You could win some great prizes like a Sport Seasons gift card, Rob Vollman’s new book Hockey Abstract or even a Seth Jones jersey! GET ALL THE DETAILS HERE.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua (used with permission)