- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
PRESS RELEASE: Admirals, Preds swap goalies
- Updated: January 9, 2012
PREDATORS AND ADMIRALS SWITCH GOALIES
– Lindback recalled; Smith reassigned to Milwaukee –
Nashville, Tenn. (January 8, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned goaltender Jeremy Smith to Milwaukee (AHL) and recalled goaltender Anders Lindback (AHN-dehrs LIND-bahck) from the Admirals.
Lindback, 23 (5/3/88), started two games during his weekend with the Admirals, going 1-1-0 with a 3.53 goals-against average and a .879 save percentage. The Gavle, Sweden native has gone 2-4-0 with a 2.75 goals-against average and a .893 save percentage in eight appearances for the Predators this season.
Smith, 22 (4/13/89), backed up Pekka Rinne during Saturday’s 5-2 victory over Carolina. The Deaborn, Mich., native ranks among the American Hockey League leaders in wins (16), appearances (25), minutes (1,461) and goals-against average (2.30).
Fresh off a 5-2 win over Carolina on Saturday, the Predators kick off the front-end of a home-and-home set with the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday in Denver (8 p.m., FOX Sports Tennessee, 102.5 The Game). Both teams then come to Smashville for a Thursday night tilt (7 p.m.) at Bridgestone Arena, which has been sold out for a franchise-record eight straight games. Tickets are still available and may be purchased by calling 615-770-PUCK (7825) or by visiting nashvillepredators.com.