- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
PRESS RELEASE: Admirals season comes to an end
- Updated: May 3, 2013
Cedar Park, TX—Kevin Henderson scored the lone goal for the Admirals as they dropped a 2-1 decision to the Texas Stars on Friday night and lost their Western Conference Quarterfinal Series three games to one.
Milwaukee managed just one goal in the final two games in what became the lowest scoring series (12) in Admirals playoff history.
Texas got on the board first when Matt Fraser scored his second of the series at 10:14 of the first. Fraser took a feed in the slot from Colton Sceviour and beat Ads goalie Magnus Hellberg low glove side.
The Stars pushed their lead to two when Alex Chaiasson redirected a shot from Kevin Connouton just 1:29 into the second period.
Kevin Henderson broke a five-period scoreless drought for the Admirals at 1:40 of the third period. Henderson carried the puck into the Stars zone and dropped a pass to Taylor Beck. Beck’s shot was stopped by Texas goalie Cristopher Nilstorp, but the rebound went right to Henderson and he buried it.
The Admirals threw the kitchen sink and more at Nilstorp the rest of the game, outshooting the Stars 18-8 in the third period, but they couldn’t come up with the equalizer and saw their season come to an end.