- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
PRESS RELEASE: Mueller recalls, Smithson to IR
- Updated: January 14, 2012
Nashville, Tenn. (January 14, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled forward Chris Mueller (KRIHS MEW-luhr) from Milwaukee (AHL) and placed forward Jerred Smithson on injured reserve retroactive to Jan. 7.
Mueller, 25 (3/6/86), leads the Admirals in points (15g-11a-26pts) and goals through 33 games in 2011-12. This is the West Seneca, N.Y., native’s second recall to Nashville this season – he played a pair of NHL games Dec. 3 (against his hometown Buffalo Sabres) and 6 (vs. Phoenix). A season ago, the 5-11, 203-pound forward appeared in his first 15 NHL contests, registering three assists. Signed as a free agent on Dec. 27, 2010, Mueller posted 104 points (42g-62a) in 166 games (missing just four contests total) with Michigan State University from 2004-08, and helped the Spartans win the 2007 NCAA National Championship, ranking fifth in points (3g-2a) during the NCAA Tournament.
The Predators will try to notch their seventh win in the last eight games when they host the Philadelphia Flyers for just the seventh time ever tonight at Bridgestone Arena (7 p.m. CT, FOX Sports Tennessee, 102.5 The Game).