- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
PRESS RELEASE: Preds ink CHL leading scorer Leipsic
- Updated: May 23, 2013
NASHVILLE PREDATORS SIGN WHL SCORING CHAMPION BRENDAN LEIPSIC
Nashville, Tenn. (May 23, 2013) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed 2012 third-round draft pick Brendan Leipsic (BREHN-duhn LIGHP-sihk) to a three-year entry-level contract.
Leipsic, 19 (5/19/94), was co-recipient of the 2013 Bob Clarke Trophy as Western Hockey League scoring champion after posting 120 points (49g-71a) in 68 games as Portland won the Scotty Munro Trophy as regular-season champions. He also finished first in WHL goals, second in assists and tied for fourth in plus/minus rating (+55) in 2012-13, being named a Second-Team WHL Western Conference All-Star. The 5-9, 167-pound left wing then posted the WHL playoffs’ fourth-most points (10g-14a-24pts) in Portland’s run to the Ed Chynoweth Cup as league champions. Leipsic and the Winterhawks are currently competing in the 2013 Memorial Cup, with their next game coming Friday in the tournament’s semifinals.
Nashville’s fourth choice, 89th overall (third round), in the 2012 Entry Draft has amassed 211 points (93g-118a), 235 penalty minutes, and a +84 rating in 201 games with Portland since 2010. The Winnipeg, Man., native is on Twitter @Leip28.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua (used with permission)