- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
PRESS RELEASE: Preds sign 2010 pick Anthony Bitetto
- Updated: March 29, 2012
Bitetto, a Northeastern University defenseman, has signed a two-year entry level contract with the team that drafted him 168th overall in Los Angeles, California.
His production took a slight dip this past season but he added some leadership qualities, serving as alternate captain as a sophomore.
The official press release is below.
Nashville, Tenn. (March 29, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed 2010 draft pick Anthony Bitetto (AN-thu-nee biht-EHT-oh) to a two-year entry-level contract.
Bitetto, 20 (7/15/90), recently completed his sophomore season at Northeastern University, where he paced all Husky defensemen in points and goals (4g-11a-15pts). As a freshman in 2011-12, the 6-1, 210-pounder finished seventh among Hockey East defensemen in points (3g-17a-20pts), and tied for eighth in Conference rookie scoring, being named to the 2010-11 Hockey East All-Rookie Team. The Island Park, N.Y., native did not miss a game during his two-year collegiate career, compiling 35 points (7g-28a) in 72 games.
Nashville’s fourth choice, 168th overall (sixth round), in 2010 Entry Draft spent two seasons with the Indiana Ice from 2008-10, being named a 2010 All-USHL Second Team selection, and helping the Ice claim the 2009 Clark Cup as USHL champions.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua // Flickr (used with permission)