- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
Roman Josi has a concussion
- Updated: October 6, 2013
Josi was blasted by Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Downie on Friday night. He left the game with an upper-body injury and did not return. Video of the hit is below.
The league reviewed the hit and determined on Saturday that there was no reason to serve Downie with disciplinary action.
This puts the blueline in serious question. Shea Weber and Kevin Klein were the only two Nashville defensemen with over 100 games of NHL experience headed into the season. With Josi out, that leaves a defense corps of Weber (530 NHL games), Klein (358), Ryan Ellis (64), Victor Bartley (26), Mattias Ekholm (5) and Seth Jones (2). They still have six guys to fill out the three pairings so they’re not short-handed, per se, but that’s a lot of green on the back end. Will this force Nashville to bring in a veteran? Are Joe Piskula‘s 10 NHL games enough to warrant a call up from Milwaukee?
No timetable for Josi’s return was given.
We’ll have an expanded look at the youth of the Predators defense a little later in the day.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua (used with permission)