- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Top 15 moments of the 2010-11 Preds season: #10
- Updated: May 24, 2011
This is a multi-part series where we countdown our Top 15 moments of the Nashville Predators’ 2010-11 season.
#10 :: LEGWAND SPINS TWO CLUBS IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS
There was roughly a minute remaining. The Columbus Blue Jackets were a single win behind the Nashville Predators in the Western Conference standings. The Preds had lost four straight and five of their last six while the Blue Jackets had earned points in nine of their last 10. Nashville had fallen into the teens in the standings and Columbus was making a serious push for their second ever playoff appearance. To make matters worse, the Preds — in front of their own fans — had squandered a 2-1 lead late in the third period. Things did not look good.
Enter David Legwand.
That victory sent Columbus reeling and the Preds skyrocketing. After that game on Feburary 27, the Predators went 12-4-3 and finished just a single point away from home ice advantage in the opening round. Columbus, in stark contrast, went just 3-11-7 and finished in 13th.
The moral of the story? You never know when the biggest moment of the season will come.