- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Top 15 moments of the 2011-12 Preds season: #11
- Updated: June 14, 2012
This is a multi-part series where we countdown our Top 15 moments of the Nashville Predators’ 2011-12 season.
#11 :: DAVID LEGWAND TALLIES HIS 500th POINT
The Nashville Predators are just as synonymous with Head Coach Barry Trotz and General Manager David Poile as they are with another name. First ever draft pick David Legwand. The 1998 second overall pick has played at least one game in every one of the franchise’s 13 seasons.
On March 31 Legwand notched points #499 and #500 with two third period assists, etching his name in the franchise record book as the first player to ever record 500 points in a Preds sweater.
Other than Martin Erat (460), no other Nashville player is even close to the 500 point club. Former team captain and current Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen is the next closest on the all-time list and he’s 199 points back.
Below is the video of the historic moment. His secondary assist on Shea Weber‘s third period goal was Legwand’s 500th career point.
- Legwand picks up 500th career NHL point in Predators’ 5-4 loss to Chicago (Amada DiPaolo, Inside Smashville)
VIDEO CREDIT: nhl.com