- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Top 15 moments of the 2011-12 Preds season: #15
- Updated: June 10, 2012
This is a multi-part series where we countdown our Top 15 moments of the Nashville Predators’ 2011-12 season.
#15 :: MARTIN ERAT’S “LEGWAND HAT TRICK”
Back on February 25, Martin Erat scored a goal and added an assist in Nashville’s 6-2 rout over the San Jose Sharks. But he did something else. The night before, Martin and his wife welcomed their first son, Sebastian, into the world. The uber-rare goal, assist, baby achievement hasn’t happened since David Legwand accomplished the feat back on November 21, 2009, thereby coining the term “Legwand hat trick.”
“It’s a great feeling,” Erat said following the game. “To have a kid and then get two points, it’s a very exciting time for me.”
“He’s really excited,” Head Coach Barry Trotz said. “I’m happy for him and his wife. He was playing on adrenaline, I’m sure. He didn’t get a lot of sleep yesterday.”
Erat would go on to lead his team in scoring with 58 points.
Here’s his pretty assist on Shea Weber‘s tally.
And here’s his empty net goal.
We do not have highlights of Sebastian’s birth. Which is probably best.
VIDEO CREDIT: nhl.com