- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
VIDEO: NHL hands Kelsla one-game suspension for his hit on Halischuk…
- Updated: May 6, 2012
In game four of the Western Conference Semifinal series between the Nashville Predators and Phoenix Coyotes, defenseman Rostislav Klesla buried Predators winger Matt Halischuk head-first into the boards. The Phoenix blueliner only spent 2:00 in the penalty box.
The 17,113 inside Bridgestone Arena were so upset with the call, when PA Announcer Paul McCann did his trademark “Your… Nashville Predators are on… the… power play!”, a thunderous level of boo’s came down from the stands. Most fans thought the hit (especially in today’s concussion-conscious NHL) warranted at least a major. Some even wanted a game misconduct.
Regardless what the fans wanted, the referees handed out just the lone 2:00 minor to Klesla. Today, the NHL handed Klesla a one-game suspension for the dangerous hit. Below is the video explanation.