- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
VIDEO: Rich Clune — yes, Rich Clune — scores on a penalty shot
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The Nashville Predators beat the Dallas Stars, 4-0, tonight but the real story was the unlikely penalty shot goal scorer.
Tough guy Rich Clune was hauled down on a breakaway by Stars defenseman Jordie Benn midway through the contest. As a result, the Preds winger — who had scored his first NHL goal just 36 days earlier — was awarded a penalty shot.
When asked by radio analyst and former NHLer Stu Grimson if he had ever scored on a penalty shot, Clune replied “If you do your research on the internet, you’ll be able to pull up my stats from my last year in junior in Barrie where I went four-for-four in shootouts. 100 percent no lie.”
The hashtag #100PercentNoLie” appeared promptly on Twitter and no doubt will become a season-long thing.
Nashville is now 3-0-0 when Clune scores a goal. Additionally, they have scored at least four goals in each of those games as well.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua (used with permission)
VIDEO CREDIT: HockeyVideoHD // YouTube