- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
BU captain Garrett Noonan signs ELC with Preds
- Updated: April 18, 2014
Honored to sign my first contract with @PredsNHL , thanks to everyone who has helped make this possible! Can’t wait to get started.
— Garrett Noonan (@GarrettNoonan13) April 18, 2014
He was Nashville’s fourth selection (4th round, 112th overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
The Terriers captain was fourth on his team in scoring with 20 points in a disappointing year for the storied program. They finished with a record of 10-21-4 and, for a school with five National Championship and 12 Hockey East Championship banners hanging in the rafters as well as 21 Frozen Four appearances on its resume, that’s simply not good enough.
In his four seasons at BU, Noonan recorded 81 points (30 goals, 51 assists) in 144 games.
As James Nelson of The Predatorial pointed out, Western Michigan’s Chase Balisy is now the lone collegiate player in that 2011 draft class unsigned by the Preds. Balisy had a tremendous year for the Broncos this season, serving as captain and tallying 37 points in 40 games.
We’ll post the press release when the news becomes official.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua (used with permission)