- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Predators’ CMO resigns…
- Updated: March 31, 2010
The Tennessean is reporting that Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President of Marketing Derek Perez has stepped down for personal reasons.
The former Public Relations Director of the visual computing technology giant Nvidia, Perez was hired last summer by the organization. Under his watch, the Predators produced some of the best TV, radio and print advertising to date for the club. Under his leadership, the marketing team wasn’t afraid to advertise in prime time slots like the Super Bowl and the 2010 National Championship Game for college football, basically forcing sports fans in the Middle Tennessee market to take notice.
Perez was very social media friendly and believed that blogging is where media is headed. He was very conscious of what bloggers bring to the table over traditional media outlets and wasn’t shy in backing their efforts. Obviously, as bloggers, we hope the next regime will pick up where he left off and possess a new-school mentality about how the team (and sports in general) is covered in today’s information age.
Ed Lang, President of Business Operations, will take on Perez’s duties until the organization can decide how to move forward.
We at section303.com wish him all the best in the future.
More to come as this story develops.