- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
REPORT: Preds ink Golden Gophers captain Zach Budish…
- Updated: April 3, 2013
The Nashville Predators have kicked off NHL Trade Deadline Day with a signing, not a trade.
Per Michael Russo, the entry level contract is two years.
Budish, 21, just finished his red shirt junior season at the University of Minnesota and decided to leave school early to turn pro.
Can you blame him? He has an unfortunate injury history that is undeniable and, if his dream is to play in the NHL, the sooner he turns pro, the better. In 2008-09, he missed his entire senior season after suffering a torn ACL while playing for his high school’s football team. Then, in 2010-11, he was involved in a moped accident that shelved him for the majority of his sophomore season with the Golden Gophers.
The Edina, Minnesota, native is a mountain of a man. At 6’3″, 215 pounds, Budish is projected as a power forward in the pro game and will get his feet wet right away as he’s expected to join the Milwaukee Admirals for their stretch run.
There’s a lot to be excited about with Budish. The website Hockey’s Future says he “utilizes his large frame and strength very well, including on the physical side and is quite difficult to move off the puck. He can deliver some solid checks without taking himself out of the play. He also has great hands and superb playmaking ability.”
Budish captained the Golden Gophers to the second overall seed in the NCAA Men’s Hockey Tournament before getting upset by Yale in overtime of their first round match up.
The right winger amassed 94 points in 124 games at Minnesota and played in the Frozen Four in 2012.
- 2013 Early Departures: Zach Budish signs with Nashville (Nate Wells, Western College Hockey Blog)
PHOTO CREDIT: Brace Hemmelgarn (permission pending)