- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Sommet Center to remain Sommet Center…
- Updated: January 25, 2010
We’re not one to just copy and paste press releases into a blog but, admittedly we know very little about the business side of the game so, instead of write something and look dumb… here’s the press release copy and pasted.
NASHVILLE PREDATORS-ISSUED PRESS RELEASE
Nashville, Tenn. (January 25, 2010) – The Nashville Hockey Club Limited Partnership and Sommet Group of Tennessee, LLC announced today that an agreement has been reached under which the downtown arena will continue to be known as the Sommet Center and the hockey club will be free to pursue a new naming rights partner.
“We are pleased to resolve this dispute in the best interests of both parties, and resume our working partnership.” Ed Lang, Predators President of Business Operations, and Brian Whitfield, managing partner of Sommet Group, announced in a joint statement.
Whitfield said the Sommet Group has accomplished its business objectives with the three-year agreement under which the arena was known as the Sommet Center.
“This has been a very good investment for our company and its products and services and, while the naming rights deal has served its purpose for us, we do intend to maintain some type of partnership going forward,” Whitfield said. “We wish only the best for the Nashville Predators and the arena operation. It is a great facility and a valuable asset to Nashville.”