- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Is today the day? Will the Predators make a decision on Weber?
- Updated: July 24, 2012
Will today be the day that the hockey world hears something — anything — out of the Nashville Predators regarding their captain Shea Weber and the 14-year, $110 million offer sheet he signed with the Philadelphia Flyers last week?
General Manager David Poile and the Preds have until tomorrow night at 10:30pm Central to make a decision. They can either match the offer, thereby keeping Weber wearing gold for 14 more years, or they can decline to match and receive four first round picks from the Flyers. Those picks, of course, could then be traded in order to acquire roster players.
But 501 Broadway has been eerily silent. They released a statement last Thursday and then nothing. Predators fans are getting antsy and would love to hear something one way or the other.
So, while you’re waiting, check out the stories below. You’ll find a wealth of information — and plenty of opinion — within them.
- Radio silence (Paul McCann, Hockey Buzz)
- Silence from Predators regarding Shea Weber is speaking volumes (Jim Diamond, The Examiner)
- Why the Predators must match the offer sheet (Kevin Allen, USA Today)
- No movement in Weber situation (Sam Carchidi, Philly.com Sports)
- Pro’s and con’s of matching Weber’s offer sheet (Ryan Porth and Jacob Underwood, Smashville 24/7)
- PODCAST: Reaction to Weber (Ryan Porth and Robby Stanley, Smashville on the Glass)
- Weber, Doan reluctantly look elsewhere (Stu Hackel, SI.com)
- Making sense of the Weber offer sheet ordeal (Jeremy K. Gover, Section 303)
- Flyers have put Poile, Preds in no-win situation (Jeremy K. Gover, Section 303)
- Will the Rick Nash deal actually help the Predators get better value for Weber? (Jeremy K. Gover, Section 303)
- Does Nash acquisition turn up heat on Phili? (Bill Meltzer, Hockey Buzz)
PHOTO CREDIT: Dylan Moody // Flickr (used with permission)