- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Karlsson beats Weber by a mere 12 points to win the Norris Trophy…
- Updated: June 20, 2012
Defenseman and Nashville Predators team captain Shea Weber was nominated for the Norris Trophy as the league’s best defenseman. But apparently, those who vote for “the best defenseman” still tend to vote for the defenseman “with the most points” because that’s who won it.
Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson tallied 78 points in his third NHL season to bring home his first piece of post season hardware.
According to Scott Burnside of ESPN, Weber lost by the slimmest of margins. Karlsson won the award over the Sicamous, British Columbia native by a mere 12 points (1,069-1,057).
Weber missed out on the award last year by just nine points.
The Predators have three more nominees tonight. David Poile is nominated for the GM of the Year, forward Mike Fisher was nominated for the NHL Foundation Award and Pekka Rinne is up for the Vezina Trophy as the league’s best goaltender.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua // Flickr (used with permission)