- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Preds center Mike Fisher out 4-6 months
- Updated: July 7, 2014
In a stunner, the Nashville Predators announced this afternoon that center Mike Fisher is on the shelf for four to six weeks with a ruptured Achilles.
GM David Poile comments on Mike Fisher’s injury. Read more -> http://t.co/qFXm3MkVsI
— Nashville Predators (@PredsNHL) July 7, 2014
General Manager David Poile made no secret at the 2014 NHL Draft that the team was looking for a top line center. They recently signed 35-year old veteran pivot Olli Jokinen to help with depth at the position but this news really puts Nashville in a pickle. At his age, Jokinen is not a top line center and if the rumors are true about their interest in Philadelphia’s Vincent Lecavalier, the Flyers know they have a need now — not just a want — and that will only drive the price up.
The Hockey News‘ Matt Larkin threw out an interesting possibility.
Mike Fisher out 4-6 months. At least the Preds can really turn Calle Jarnkrok loose now. — Matt Larkin (@THNMattLarkin) July 7, 2014
Calle Jarnkrok was almost a point-per-game guy once recalled from the Milwaukee Admirals last season. Could he, indeed, see top line minutes until Fisher returns? That would be a lot to ask a 22-year old that’s only seen 12 games of NHL action. That said, he would be set up for success with newly acquired James Neal on his wing.
Stay tuned to see how this unfolds.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sarah Fuqua (used with permission)