- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
PRESS RELEASE: Helm out for playoffs after injury Wednesday night…
- Updated: April 12, 2012
HELM UNDERGOES SUCCESFUL SURGERY
RED WINGS FORWARD OUT FOR REMAINDER OF PLAYOFFS
Detroit, MI (April 12, 2012) — Detrot Red Wings forward Darren Helm underwent successful surgery last night to repair lacerated tendons in his right forearm. The injury, suffered with just over eight minutes remaining in the first period of the Red Wings Western Conference Quarterfinal Game 1 vs.Nashville, will sideline Helm for the remainder of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Helm is expected to make a full recovery and return for the Red Wings 2012 training camp.
The surgery was performed by Dr. Douglas Weikert at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
PHOTO CREDIT: Mel Boysen // Flickr (used with permission)