- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
Operation: Miracle (who to root for on Friday)…
- Updated: April 12, 2013
Until the Nashville Predators are officially eliminated from the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, we will post their rooting interests each and every day in a series we’re calling “Operation: Miracle.” Because, let’s face it, that’s what it’s going to take to get Nashville into the dance.
This is it. Tonight’s game against the Dallas Stars can decide Nashville’s fate. With a victory, the Predators can improve their already-minute chances of making the post season. With a regulation loss (or a loss of any kind depending on other outcomes), they will eliminate themselves from contention.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Preds have been sitting on a 0.3% chance of making the playoffs for a couple days now. But that will all change tonight.
Even if the Predators win out (7-0-0), they still only have a 35.3% chance of getting in. And, with a single hiccup such as an overtime or shootout loss, their chances drop below 11%. So, as you can see, not only do they need to win the rest of their games but they need some serious help.
And tonight is the night.
- NASHVILLE needs to beat DALLAS in regulation
- CHICAGO needs to beat DETROIT in regulation
- CALGARY needs to beat PHOENIX in regulation
- ST. LOUIS needs to beat COLUMBUS in regulation
Will Operation: Miracle live on? Or will we finally be able to focus on winning the 2013 NHL Draft Lottery?