- Have Preds assembled pieces for long term success?
- Weber thwarted again; loses Norris bid to Duncan Keith
- Preds give Rinne insurance for two years, re-sign Hutton
- Could the Preds trade Shea Weber next summer?
- Weber’s teammates endorse him for Norris
- Shea Weber nominated for Norris Trophy
- Barry Trotz has coached his final game for Preds
- Preds hang seven more on Minnesota to close out 13-14 season
- Preds hang seven on Blackhawks
- Shea Weber: “Something’s got to change”
OPERATION: Silver Lining (who else to root for on Friday)
- Updated: April 19, 2013
The Nashville Predators have been eliminated from the playoff race and, therefore, Operation: Miracle is dead. But fret not! We now have Operation: Silver Lining! We’ll post this series every day until the end of the 2013 regular season.
The lower the Preds finish in the standings, the higher their probability to win the draft lottery and/or pick in the top five.
But make no mistake, nobody is rooting for Nashville to lose. We would never root against the team. But, with other teams’ help, they could make the best out of a bad situation.
The Predators have played 44 games, one more than each of the three teams below them in the standings. This is important because that gives the other teams one more chance to get points when it’s all said and done.
Nashville currently sits in 27th so here are your rooting interests for Friday:
- COLORADO (in 29th place) needs to beat EDMONTON in overtime or a shootout
- CALGARY (25th) needs to beat ANAHEIM
The lottery is Monday night, April 29. Make plans to watch it with us at Brewhouse South in Cool Springs. We will release all the details later today.