- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
PRESS RELEASE: Preds sign Smithson to contract extension
- Updated: January 13, 2011
NASHVILLE PREDATORS SIGN FORWARD JERRED SMITHSON TO A TWO-YEAR CONTRACT
Nashville, Tenn. (January 12, 2011) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed forward Jerred Smithson to a two-year, $1.6 million contract. He will make $800,000 during both the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
Smithson, 31 (2/4/79), has played in all 42 of Nashville’s games this season, posting eight points (4g-4a). He ranks eighth in the National Hockey League in face-off winning percentage (58.7) and ninth among League forwards in average shorthanded time on ice, a category he’s led the team in the last four seasons. He’s also paced Predator forwards in hits the past three seasons, and again leads the club in the statistic. Additionally, the Vernon, B.C., native ranks fifth franchise’s all-time shorthanded points list (5g-4a)
A free-agent signee of the Predators on July 22, 2004, Smithson has appeared in 434 career games with Nashville (404) and Los Angeles (30) since 2002-03, notching 79 points (34g-35a) and 290 penalty minutes. He ranks ninth on the franchise’s all-time games played list, and is tied for third in longest tenure with the club among active roster members. Smithson has suited up for 20 of the Predators 22 playoff games since 2006.