- Ducks Series Recap
- The Official 303 Revised Edition of John Donne’s Holy Sonnet X
- Preds make history, defeat Ducks to move onto second round…
- Preds squander golden opportunity, Ducks even series…
- Ducks (and officials) beat Preds, even series…
- Getting to Know Your Ducks
- 303 QUICK POLL: What will be the result of the Preds, Ducks series?
- Previewing the Ducks and Preds first round match-up…
REPORT: Kevin Hayes picks the New York Rangers
- Updated: August 20, 2014
It was originally reported that Boston College alum Kevin Hayes would make a decision on Monday.
Two days later, the NCAA’s second leading scorer last year finally chose a suitor. Starting in September, Hayes will take the ice as a member of the New York Rangers organization (first reported by Boston sports talk show host Danny Picard).
It was believed that the Avs and Preds were the front runners from the beginning but a report came out earlier this week that the Rangers, Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins also had a chance.
In the end, however, it was New York where the 22-year old Hayes will probably get the opportunity to play right away. Hayes was a BC teammate of Rangers forward Chris Kreider from 2010-12.
Nashville’s head coach. Peter Laviolette, was Hayes’ coach at the World Championships this past May. When we spoke with him yesterday, he praised the 2014 Beanpot MVP’s potential and skill set. For the Preds to sign him, however, they would have had to move some pieces around.